We understand that finding the closest fit is crucial to having the longest shoe lifespan.
We also understand that letting you try them on before purchase will mean a posh shopfront in an expensive central location and service staff that is going to raise prices sky-high.
How are able to achieve the best of both worlds: allowing you to have an optimized fit while keeping costs low? That’s when it hit us – why don’t we help you measure the fit in the comfort of your own home?
Our Size Guide is a simplified version of a Brannock Device – the most widely used foot measuring device by professionals – that matches your feet to the corresponding Shoe Tree size. We have converted it into a printable electronic format so that you can measure your feet in the comfort of your home.
The underlying principle is simple – if your foot fits in your shoe, a shoe tree the size of your foot will fit as well! We hope this will make it much easier to find the best fit and maintain your shoe in tip-top shape!
How to use the Brannock Device
1. Download and Print it on A4 paper at 100%
2. Fold the 1st page along the crosshair
3. Align the crosshairs on both pages and tape together
4. Check if the rectangle is the size of a credit card; check if the inch markings are accurate
5. Align your heel and instep with their respective lines with your weight distributed evenly on both feet
6. Get someone to take your reading; size to closer mark
7. Measure other foot; take smaller of both sizes
8. Purchase the perfect size with FREE shipping!
What to do if the scale is wrong
If your printer automatically adds margins, or you are somehow unable to choose the scale at which it prints, the size you measure using the steps above will be wrong. You can tell that the Brannock Device is scaled inaccurately if the credit card area is too large/small for credit cards, and if the inch scale is not exactly an inch between markings.
The Brannock Device is still usable, but we’ll have to scale your foot length to match the scale of the Brannock Device i.e if the Brannock Device is at 95%, we’ll have to size your foot down 95% to find the right shoe tree Size.
1. Measure Actual Foot Length, by marking your foot length on the inch scale and measuring it with a ruler in centimeters
2. Measure the 7″ Mark Actual Length in inches using a ruler
3. Calculate your Adjusted Foot Length = (7″ Mark Actual Length/7)*Actual Foot Length
Or use the handy calculator below!
4. Use Adjusted Foot Length to find the correct Shoe Tree size
Adjusted Foot Length Calculator
Input Actual Foot Length and 7″ Mark Actual Length
|Actual Foot Length (cm)||7" Mark Actual Length (in)|
|Adjusted Foot Length (cm)|