Affiliate Credits are awarded when others use your affiliate code to place an order.
Earning Affiliate Credits
10% of the referred order value will be converted into Affiliate Credits, which can be used towards purchases on The ShoeTree Project or can be redeemed for cash at an accumulation amount of $500. A referred order is a completed order that has successfully utilized your unique Affiliate Code at checkout.
Affiliate Credits accumulated for each month will be credited into your ShoeTree Project account on the first day of the following month.
Spending Affiliate Credits
Affiliates will be able to spend any Affiliate Credit that have already been credited into their account by selecting to do so at Checkout.
On the last day of each month, any account holder with at least $500 in Affiliate Credits may opt to redeem them for cash. You will be responsible for any and all tax liability arising from any Affiliate Credit you accumulate under the Affiliate Rewards Programme.
All Affiliate Credits are set to expire 6 months from their date of accreditation into your account e.g Affiliate Credits accumulated in the month of January will be credited on the 1st of February and expire on the 1st of August.
The ShoeTree Project is not obliged to give you notice about expiring or expired credits, and we are not liable for any expired credits.
If the referred purchase for which you were awarded Affiliate Credits for is refunded, the Affiliate credits awarded to you for that purchase will become void.
If a purchase paid for in full or in part with Affiliate Credits is eligible for a refund, the portion of the purchase paid in Affiliate Credits will be refunded as Loyalty Rewards points into the original account and set to expire at the same date the original Affiliate Credits expire. If the original date has already passed, the refunded points will be valid for 7 days from the date of refund.
Restrictions On Use Of Affiliate Credits
The discounts from The ShoeTree Project’s Affiliate Rewards Programme are valid for personal use only, and cannot be used for any other purposes such as, but not limited to, commercial purchase, trading for real currency etc. The Affiliate Credits are personal to you and may not be sold, transferred or assigned to, or shared with, family, friends or others, or used by you for any commercial purpose. You may have only one (1) ShoeTree Project account that is personal to you.
You may share your Affiliate Code on a personal blog or any available social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter and Google+) subject to the terms and conditions of those accounts. However, your social media profile may not contain an avatar or any other content that could be interpreted as being managed by The ShoeTree Project. Likewise, your blog, website or social media pages may not resemble the Site or include any content that could be on its own or in the aggregate be interpreted to indicate an affiliation with us, including, but not limited to, use of any trade name, trademark, trade dress, copyrighted material, or any similar protected content.
You may also email your Affiliate Code or send a text message to friends and family. In doing so, you represent and warrant that you will not engage in and/or facilitate spamming, unsolicited commercial email or otherwise fail to comply any other and/or regulations that govern email marketing and/or communications.
You may not purchase or use domain or subdomain names that include the word “shoetree” or certain variations and misspellings in any username, group name, or identifier on a social networking site. We don’t want to confuse the public about which are the official ShoeTree Project websites.
We don’t want to confuse the public about which are the official ShoeTree Project mobile applications, so you may not create or utilize any client side application (browser plugin, extension, executable, etc, installable by the end user) on any device. Your app may not integrate and/or use our app in any way. Likewise, you are not permitted to participate in any advertising as the Affiliate Rewards Programme is not intended for commercial purposes.
Your Promotional activity will not contain violent, defamatory, sexually explicit materials, or contain content suggesting or promoting illicit activity.
Additional Guidelines for Promotional Activity
- Content will be used within the terms of the Usage Agreement. A) You will not link any content to, or redirect traffic to sites other than shoetree.sg – parts of your site that do not promote The ShoeTree Project’s products may contain links to other sites.
- Alterations of material, including additional information, or alteration of the meaning to become misleading is prohibited.
- Redistribution of material is prohibited. (including selling, licensing, bestowing rights to any person or entity on a site that is not yours).
- Names or likenesses will not be used in a matter implying a person’s or company’s endorsement of or sponsorship of, or commercial associate (including placing unrelated materials in close proximity to content).
- Participation in our programme requires that orders will not be placed on behalf of any other person or authorize, assist, or encourage another entity to do so.
- You will not take any action that could reasonably cause any customer confusion as to our relationship with you.
- You will not include on your site, display, or otherwise use Links or Content which contain or have a connection to malicious or harmful code, or any application not knowingly and expressly authorized by users prior to being downloaded.
- You will not attempt to redirect or intercept traffic from any site participating in the programme.
- You will not incorporate shoetree.sg into a webview or integrated web browser within a mobile application.
- Transitional pages, popup and/or layered ads for promotional activity are not allowed.
- Artificially generating clicks or impressions to create Sessions on shoetree.sg, whether by software or otherwise is prohibited.
- You will not attempt to circumvent our current Affiliate Credit Payment Schedule or conditions.
- You will not purchase by products through our Affiliate Rewards programme using your code for use by you or for resale or commercial use of any kind.
- Prohibited Paid Search Placement or Redirecting Links will result in the closure of your Affiliate Rewards account and any Affiliate Credit accrued from such activity will be voided.
- Paid Search: an advertisement purchased through bidding on keywords, search terms or other participation in a keyword auction such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yandex, Baidu, Naver or any other search engine, portal, sponsored advertising service, or other search or referral service, or any site that participates in any of their respective networks.
- Misspellings of The ShoeTree Project trademarks or any type of variation of those words are prohibited.
Statements regarding product claims
You represent and warrant that you will not make any statements and/or product claims not approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration. If you are unsure about the answer about a product or service, refer others to The ShoeTree Project directly.
Any product purchased at The ShoeTree Project for reselling purposes must be resold at the same or higher price than our website’s retail price. This is necessary to adhere to policies of Minimum Advertised Price. Failure to do so will result in immediate termination of your account account and forfeiture of any and all Affiliate Credits in the account
The ShoeTree Project reserves the right to add and remove Affiliate Credits from your account, nullify Affiliate Credits, revise Affiliate rates, at its sole discretion and without prior notice.
Without notice to you, The ShoeTree Project also reserves the right to “unregister” and make ineligible for the Affiliate Rewards programme any ShoeTree Project account that has been inactive for two (2) consecutive years. Inactive is defined as no points earned. In the event that your ShoeTree Project account is unregistered or rendered inactive, then all accumulated credits in your account are void.
The ShoeTree Project reserves the right to terminate, discontinue or cancel the Affiliate Rewards programme at any time and in its sole discretion without notice to you.